Jim Kotan's Blog

My blog to talk about a variety of "stuff"

Tuesday, June 04, 2019

About Me


Hi, I'm Jim Kotan.  I am an Honorably Discharged US Army Veteran (1977-1983), and Life member of the Disabled American Veterans.

I am a huge supporter of CAMP CORRAL, as well as several other groups.

For a large part of my life I resided in Omaha, Nebraska, USA.  In 2015 I relocated to Chandler, Arizona.

I am a Certified Oracle DBA, and AWS Certified  Solutions Architect, (soon to get my AWS Systems Operations Certification), and have done Database Administration (primarily Oracle) for 19 years.
I am the founder and Principal Consultant & Instructor at Kotan Consulting Services LLC, and have done Database and Unix consulting since 1987.

My son, Robert, is serving our country in the military and makes me proud beyond words.  His Bride, Christa, retired in late 2018 from the Army, after serving over 20 years.  Our entire family is so proud of them.

I shall attempt to post things on a regular basis.  I had created this in 2004 and had completely forgotten about it until recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home