Jim Kotan's Blog

My blog to talk about a variety of "stuff"

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Ransomware Trojans ("viruses") getting even sneakier -- We have to protect ourselves more.

I don't want this to be considered an advertisement, but it may come across as that... Apologies in advance.  I just want folks to ensure they are protecting themselves..
While I do not care what Antivirus / AntiMalware / AntiTrojan, etc., product you use, I want you to be certain it will protect you against Ransomware..

Here is why:   The nasty stuff is now able to do so many things that will harm your computer (and your "stuff" -- pictures of the [grand]Kids, steal your tax return files, your Budgeting program, etc.), that it is even more damaging..

I received a notification this morning that Avast has an amazing deal -- Avast PRO for $60/year for a single computer, *OR* $90/year (plus tax, of course) for up to TEN devices (Apple or Android phones or tablets, as well as PC and Mac computers)..   I needed to change my subscription anyway so for a small amount more, everything I have is protected..  My company laptop, company desktop, phone, and tablet.

Crowdstrike has Falcon Pro, which gives you Antivirus and Ransomware protection.   I think that one is like Seven dollars per month per computer..

Whatever you are using please, please be certain that whatever product you use DOES clearly state it will protect you from Ransomware...

I pray everyone reading this Blog is tremendously blessed by the Awesomeness of Father God !!
Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home