Jim Kotan's Blog

My blog to talk about a variety of "stuff"

Monday, August 30, 2021

T-Mobile, AT&T Hacked -- And are targeting customers!! How to protect yourself !!

 Greetings, folks !!  

MAN, I cannot believe how time has flown since my last post !!  

Please do send me emails asking questions, recommendations on more posts, or offering ideas on how this can be made better !! 

So, our latest items of serious note: 

1.  AT&T and T-Mobile have both been hacked.  

The Hackers and Scammers will phone you, send you text messages, emails, etc., attempting to convince you to give up your information.   They want to take over your phone, your account, everything they can.   

DO NOT EVER GIVE ANYONE (even me, if I'm helping you, at YOUR request) your private information.   Bank info, Social Security #, Passwords, Date Of Birth, ANYTHING unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN it's legitimate.  Reach out to ME to confirm something is legit or not.  If I do not know I will research it and get back to you.  If it's bogus I will show you links.   If I am sure it's good, I will STILL recommend caution, including MANUALLY go to that provider's REAL web site (e.g., www.T-Mobile.COM, or www.ATT.COM) NEVER clicking on a link, OR telephone the Customer Support number on your Statement.. 


2. Remember, if YOU did not originate the call then check their web sites for the valid info.   

  • I found the following by typing in "att.com support" and "t-mobile support" in my browser.   

AT&T:   https://www.att.com/support/    ;   Wireless support: 800.331.0500 or 611 from a mobile device

T-Mobile:  https://www.t-mobile.com/support/     1-800-T-Mobile

PLEASE, do not click on any links I provide.  Links can be hacked without me knowing.   Instead, make note of the link (even copy it to an editor) and view it before opening it to ensure it is legitimate. 

NEVER just click on a link or attachment in an email.  Be aware of what is being sent.   See my other posts for more on this issue. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home